E4Coder is a set of tools that can be used to simulate control algorithms and to generate code for embedded microcontrollers running with or without a realtime operating system.
The idea driving the development of E4Coder was the need for a lightweight set of tools, based on open-source libraries and using open-source software on the target microcontroller, to help in the design of complex systems at reasonable license costs.
The main Features of E4Coder are:
- Simulate continuous and discrete time designs.
- Edit, simulate and generate code for hierarchical Finite State Machines (FSM) with parallel states support.
- Generate C/C++ code easily from ScicosLab and Scilab diagrams for any embedded platform.
- Generate compact and readable multithread code for embedded models with multiple rates.
- Optimized usage of RAM and Flash.
- Easy retargeting to new MCUs or customized hardware.
- Generate standalone library code for small microcontrollers without an RTOS.
- Generate a complete Real-Time project for OSEK/VDX based RTOS, including the open-source Erika Enterprise RTOS.
- Customize the generated code with custom data types and variable names.
- Create custom blocks to integrate existing legacy applications, functions, and data in your ScicosLab project.
- Edit and simulate customized embedded user interface panels.