The increasing adoption of Linux for embedded systems is one of the most exciting changes of the last years. The simple and elegant design of Linux guarantees robustness and very good performance, while its Open Source license allows to modify and change the source code according to the user needs.
Using Linux you can obtain some important advantages:
• No runtime royalties (in most cases) reducing the overall design cost;
• Availability of source code and development tools at no charge;
• POSIX standard support to enhance portability across different systems;
• Wide range of operating system services including effective network support;
• Support from a well established user and development community.
Evidence can help you in planning the move to the right Linux solution, supporting your company at all the fundamental steps.
Evidence supports Linux through Evelin ("EVidence Embedded LINux"), its suite of tools and firmware for embedded Linux devices. All tools and software packages can be configured and customized according to your specific needs.
Evidence engineers can also develop custom Linux drivers for your specific platform.
Evelin suite consists of: